The CrackerJacks is an all-volunteer organization made up of firework enthusiasts that have a wide range of pyrotechnic interests. While most of our members are from the Mid-Atlantic Region (MD, VA, DC & PA), we have members all up and down the East Coast and from as far away as Washington state. Our club shoots and other events are held in and around Virginia and Pennsylvania, we also participate in a community shoot in MD.
If you’re interested in learning what it take to put on a professional fireworks display that is hand or electrically fired, we do it at every shoot and we’ll show you how it’s done. We can also show you what’s involved in setting up a display for a Class C (consumer firework) competition or you first one fuse board. Ever wonder what’s inside a firework? Interested in learning how fireworks are made? CrackerJacks members build some of the most advanced and spectacular rockets, girandolas, ball shells and other pyrotechnic devices you’ll ever see.
- 3 Club Shoots each year
- Onsite vending
- Open shooting of Class B/1.3G & C/1.4G fireworks
- Professional fireworks displays
- Afterglow – Meal after the Main Display
- 6 issues of the club newsletter ‘The Passfire’
- Seminars, Training, Workshops
- Access to the CJML, our electronic mailing list
- Ability to participate in group purchases
- Meet and engage in fireworks activities with other enthusiasts
- Access to the members-only section of the website
Want to Join?
Applicants must be at least 18 years old, submit a completed membership application along with the required fees and be interviewed by our membership committee. You may also submit your application via our online membership system. Please be sure to review our membership policies.
- $150.00 for renewals submitted before April 1st.
- $200.00 for renewals submitted on or after April 1st.
- $200.00 for new members.
- $3750.00 lifetime membership.
- $65.00 for passes purchased before April 1st.
- $75.00 for passes purchased on or after April 1st.
Ready to Join?
You can either register using our online membership system or complete your forms and mail them in. With the online system you can pay with a Credit Card or your PayPal account, if you prefer to pay by Check mail it in with your forms. The mailing address is on the forms. In either case you’ll need to make a copy of your drivers license and send it in along with your waiver. Once we receive your online application or your paperwork, someone from the membership committee will be in touch with you. Questions? Contact Us.
(You’ll need Adobe Reader)